CATIA V5 or Computer Aided Three Dimensional Application is a powerful 3D parametric solid modeling software developed by Dassault Systems. It enables the development of high-quality mechanical products. It allows users to design shapes with 3D sketching and visualization features. Most importantly, its engineering, design, and system engineering capabilities make it very useful for the product manufacturing industry.
The course will help students and professionals alike to learn the implementation of solid modeling and get hands-on experience with the real world projects. This course is structured in a pedagogical sequence to cover the topics of part design, assembly, drafting, wireframe & surface, and Generative Sheetmetal Design workbenches of CATIA V5.
Role in the Industry
- It is used in automotive and aerospace industry for product and tool designing.
- The unequaled process coverage of CATIA, along with the inherent associativity among all of its applications, shortens the time to market.
- CATIA’s integrated analysis, simulation, synthesis, and optimization applications, support product engineering validation and ensure product quality and market acceptance.
The course contains elaborated modules to help you master the skills of solid modeling using CATIA V5. These modules are given below:
- Assembly Modeling
- Mechanical Designing
- Shape Designing
- Analysis and Simulation
- AEC (Architecture, Engineering, and Construction) PLANT
- Digital Mockup
- Machining Simulation
- Ergonomics Design and Analysis
Innovation is the primary requirement of industry in the current time. And for innovating a product, a virtual design is essential as it validates the applicability of the product. Thus, for creating virtual models, CATIA professionals are required. It is the reason that automobile, aerospace, electronics, construction, shipbuilding and other industries are inviting certified CATIA professionals to join their team.
Who should be aiming for the course?
Mechanical/production/automobile engineers and industry professionals should take up this course to improve their understanding of 3D designs and solid modeling.
Find out more
Click to unleash the benefits of taking CATIA training from CADD Centre.
A quick take on how Master Diploma courses will accelerate your engineering career.